KEYC - Mankato News, Weather, Sports - - A North Mankato Home Is Destroyed By Fire

A North Mankato Home Is Destroyed By Fire

Posted: Updated:
North Mankato, MN -

A North Mankato Home is destroyed by fire over the weekend and a cigarette may be to blame. North Mankato Police say fire crews were called to the Camelot Mobile Home Park just after 10:30 Saturday night. Authorities say when they arrived on scene, the back section of the home was fully engulfed in flames. The resident escaped without injury. The North Mankato Fire Department says the preliminary investigation indicates the fire was caused by a cigarette left burning in the home. It was a total loss due to heat and smoke damage.