One person is dead following an apartment fire in Charles City Monday afternoon.
The fire is still under investigation, but officials say, a discarded cigarette left on the front porch may be to blame.
Crews from ten different agencies battled the blaze.
Once it was under control, and crews were able to enter, they discovered a body in one of the apartments.
Firefighters continued working for several hours to put out the massive fire.
The identity of the victim has not been released. The American Red Cross is assisting in finding places for the other tenants to stay.