Drivers Should Expect Delays, Closures During Mankato Marathon Weekend
October 19th, 9:24 AM CDT by
October 19th, 12:41 PM CDT
Area roads will be packed with determined runners this weekend, and that'll make for a few traffic disruptions.
City officials say a portion of Poplar Street and Riverfront Drive will be closed from 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Additional road closures include a portion of Front Street until 3:30 p.m. and Stadium Road from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Drivers should also expect traffic delays on a few area roads.
Those include Highway 22 and County Road 90, Blue Earth Street at the Red Jacket Trail, Victory Drive and County Road 82 and Stadium Road.
- 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Poplar Street (from Riverfront Drive to Sibley Parkway)
- Riverfront Drive (from Poplar to Front streets)
- Sibley Parkway (from Mound Avenue to Poplar Street)
- 4 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Front Street (from Riverfront Drive to Cherry Street)
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Stadium Road (from State Highway 22 to Victory Drive)
Expected traffic delays
- 8:15 to 9:15 a.m., State Highway 22 and County Road 90
- 8:40 to 1:30 p.m., Blue Earth Street at the Red Jacket Trail
- 8:50 to 10:25 a.m., Victory Drive and County Road 82
- 8:50 to 10:30 a.m. State Highway 22 and Stadium Road
Use caution at these intersections
- 7:25 to 8:20 a.m., intersection at Monks Avenue and Stadium Road
- 7:25 to 8:40 a.m., intersection at Monks Avenue (from Stadium Road to County Road 90)
- 6 to 11 a.m.
- Victory Drive (from Balcerzak Drive to County Road 82)
- Balcerzak Drive (from Monks Avenue to Victory Drive