Fireworks Cause Estimated $10,000 Worth Of Damage To Fairmont Home
FAIRMONT, MN- Fairmont firefighters were called to a house on the corner of Stella Street late Wednesday night.
According to fire Chief Brandon Scott, fireworks put in a couple of recycling bins exploded outside the home just after 11:30 p.m.
Scott estimates the damage at around $10,000 and the melted bins have been reduced to only the wheels.
Authorities add that the homeowners believed the fireworks were all spent when they were placed in the bin and even covered them in water afterward.
They heard an explosion roughly 30 minutes later.
Nobody was hurt during the blast and the home didn't sustain any smoke or internal damage.
- KEYC NEWS 12