Valentine Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Various tubes of decorating gel
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Heat oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy. Add baking powder, flour, salt, and beat until a soft dough forms.
3. Sprinkle flour on counter. Roll out the dough and cut with greased cookie cutter. Place hearts on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until cookie edges are golden brown.
4. After cookies have cooled, use decorating gel to write sentiments on the cookies.