Easy lemon chicken
April 18th, 4:53 pm
September 29th, 3:41 pm
Recipe from Karen Newman of Buellton, Calif.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 3 T. flour
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Cooked rice (your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet to a uniform 1/2 in. thickness. Dredge lightly in flour, reserving excess.
- In large frying pan, over medium high heat, melt butter with olive oil until it sizzles. Add chicken breasts and cook 4-5 minutes, turning once, until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Stir reserved flour into frying pan. Whisk in broth and lemon juice; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute to thicken slightly.
- Return chicken to pan to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with lemon sauce over rice.
Makes 3 servings.