Roasted butternut squash with maple pecan butter
Recipe from Flemings Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar in Madison, Wis.
Prep Time and Total Time: 55-65 minutes
4 Butternut squash
1 lb salted butter at room temp
1 lb unsalted butter
3 cups water
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup maple syrup
2 T plus 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp finely ground black pepper
2 T coarsely ground black pepper
1. Wash the butternut squash and cut 1/4" off both ends, removing the stem and bottom of squash. Cut in half from stem to bottom. Using a spoon, scrape seeds out of interior.
2. Rub with room temp butter and sprinkle with kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
3. Place in a roasting pan with water and roast the squash for 45 min at 375 F until tender.
3. While squash is roasting, place unsalted butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Whip for 5 min on medium speed.
4. Scrape the bowl, and add pecans, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Stop and scrape the bowl every two minutes. Be sure to mix well.
5. When squash is done, remove from oven and place on a plate. Rub maple pecan butter on top, and serve.
Yields: 12-16 servings