MANKATO, Minn. (KEYC) — The City of Mankato announced Friday that community grant applications are now being accepted.
The grants are applicable to the following categories and their respective goal:
- Community performing arts and music — enhance public performances in various genres of music and performing arts.
- Community beautification and public art — to beautify and improve community and public spaces.
- Community social services — provide social services that enhance quality of life and independence of service to recipients/clients.
A total of $15,000 is available from Mankato’s Community Grant program. The funding levels are as follows:
- Individual artist (eligible for no more than $2,500)
- Organizations with prior year operating income of less than $50,000 (eligible for no more than $2,500)
- Organizations with prior year operating income of $50,000 or more (eligible for no more than $5,000)
Applications are being accepted now until 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 12.
Visit the City of Mankato’s website for eligibility requirements, dates and more information.