City of Mankato announces photo contest winners
MANKATO, Minn. (KEYC) — The City of Mankato announced the winners of its annual photo contest on Wednesday.
The 12 winners were selected to be featured in Mankato’s 2022 print calendar.
The calendar will be available in the fall/winter edition of “City News,” which is expected to be mailed to Mankato residents around Nov. 1.
The first-place winner is Down the Lazy River by Terri Michels. It will be featured on the 2022 City Calendar cover. Pondering the Beauty by Mary Kay Gosch earned second place and will be featured on the cover of the fall/winter edition of “City News.”
Both photos are enlarged and framed, including an engraved plaque that credits both photographers, and placed in the Intergovernmental Center.
Mankato-Twelve photo contest winners were selected to be featured in Mankato’s 2022 print calendar, a useful communication tool that features public meeting dates and locations, contact information, 24-hour service numbers and important key city service messages for community members. Look for the calendar in the fall/winter edition of “City News,” which is expected to be mailed to Mankato residents around November 1.
- January, Sunrise Over Silos by Daniel Burhop, Mankato
- February, Blue Earth County Courthouse Looking Up by Aidan Gravelle, Vernon Center
- March, Downtown Silos by Stacy Wachtel, Lake Crystal
- April, Down the Lazy River by Terri Michels, Mankato
- May, One Bright Star by Chris Brand, Lake Crystal
- June, Sibley Park by Sarah Denn, Cleveland
- July, Fireworks, by Mansoor Ahmad, Mankato
- August, Ott Cabin by Rivers Nelson, Mankato
- September, Reflections by Tanner Luetjens, Mankato
- October, Pondering the Beauty by Mary Kay Gosch, Mankato
- November, Betsy has an Autumn Adventure by Maranda Miller, St. Peter
- December, The Snowy Neighborhood by Ryan Sollinger Mankato
The theme for this year’s photo contest was “Hometown Pride.”
Copyright 2021 KEYC. All rights reserved.