City of Mankato declares snow emergency
MANKATO, Minn. (KEYC) - A snow emergency has been called for the city of Mankato.
Starting at 8 PM Thursday, February 23, Mankato is in a snow emergency until 8 a.m., Friday, February 24. During a snow emergency, there is no parking on streets so snow can be removed quickly and efficiently.
The only exception is where streets are posted “seasonal no parking” (which only affects a small number of streets in the City). View a map showing seasonal no parking areas. View a video to learn about snow and ice removal operations in Mankato.
During a snow emergency, temporary parking is available at no cost in the Mankato Place and Civic Center parking ramps. During a snow emergency, parking is also allowed in yards.
Be one of the first to know about snow emergencies in Mankato:
Receive Text Message Notifications
- Text START to 507-200-3003 to receive snow emergency alerts by text.
Follow the City of Mankato on Facebook
- City of Mankato (all City of Mankato messages)
- Mankato Snow Emergency (snow emergencies)
Follow the City of Mankato on Twitter
- @CityOfMankato (all City of Mankato messages)
- @MktoStreets (street updates)
- @MktoSnowAlerts (snow information)
Subscribe to Email alerts
- Subscribe to receive City news updates by email.
Visit the City website
- Go online to mankatomn.gov.
Call the 24-Hour Snow Emergency Information Line
Copyright 2023 KEYC. All rights reserved.