Highway 93 between Hwy. 169 and LeSueur to reopen following flooding
Published: May. 20, 2023 at 10:32 AM CDT
LESUEUR, Minn. (KEYC) - The Minnesota Department of Transportation will open Highway 93 between Highway 169 and Le Sueur at 12:00 p.m. Saturday, May 20. The highway had been closed since May 16 due to flooding on the Minnesota River.
MnDOT crews will continue to monitor flooded highways and will open them as soon as it is safe to do so. Highways and bridges impacted by floods need to be inspected for damage and safety prior to opening.
Highways that remain closed:
- Highway 19 east of Henderson (closed May 14)
- Highway 93 south of Henderson (closed May 14)
- Highway 93 between Highway 169 and Le Sueur (closed May 16 – open May 20)
- Highway 99 Minnesota River Bridge in St. Peter (closed May 17 – open May 19)
- Highway 68 south of Courtland (closed and reopened May 14 due to a mudslide)
When a road is closed it is illegal to travel in that area. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. In addition, if travelers need to be rescued from a closed road, other expenses and penalties will apply.
Copyright 2023 KEYC. All rights reserved.