Multimedia Journalist | Producer
Kat started at KEYC in January 2021 as a producer and reporter. She grew up in Fridley, MN, where she was actively involved in athletics and the arts at Fridley High School. Kat graduated from the University of St. Thomas in May 2020 where she majored in communication and journalism and minored in psychology and political science. While at St. Thomas, Kat participated in Residence Life and worked for TommieMedia, the university’s student-run news organization. TommieMedia gave Kat the opportunity to hold different positions including reporter, university affairs editor, assignment editor and production editor. Her favorite part of TommieMedia was working in the studio both behind the scenes and on camera.
• What's your favorite part of your job?
Educating the public about important issues and being a part of people’s daily lives.
• What's your dream story?
Covering a royal wedding or a presidential inauguration.
• What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A popstar ... and older
• What got you interested in TV news?
Growing up, my mom had the news on every morning and night. I became inspired by how I felt like I got to know those on camera. As I got older, I realized just how influential those in news can be.
• What person do you most admire?
My sister - she's younger than me but I feel like I'm always learning from her.
• What's your favorite band?
• What's your favorite food?
Fried pickles and peanut butter … but not together.
• What are your hobbies?
I love movies, TV and music; I’m always watching or listening to something. In the warmer months, I can be found on the golf course or boating at my family’s lake house.
• What's your favorite season?
I like everything about autumn.
• If you could have any superpower, which would you pick?
It would be very interesting to be able to read minds.
• If you could spend a week anywhere, where would you go?
The Greek Islands, specifically Santorini and Mykonos.
• Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous?
Cindy-Lou Who from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”