Arizona vs. West Virginia Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Friday's game between the Arizona Wildcats (21-9) and West Virginia Mountaineers (19-11) going head to head at Xfinity Center has a projected final score of 70-63 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of Arizona, who is listed as the favorite by our model. The game will start at 12:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Wildcats are coming off of a 73-59 loss to UCLA in their most recent game on Thursday.
Arizona vs. West Virginia Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Arizona vs. West Virginia Score Prediction
- Prediction: Arizona 70, West Virginia 63
Arizona Schedule Analysis
- The Wildcats' signature win of the season came in an 82-72 victory against the No. 8 Utah Utes on February 17.
- The Wildcats have tied for the 27th-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (five), but also have tied for the 45th-most Quadrant 1 defeats (eight).
- Arizona has tied for the 20th-most Quadrant 2 wins in the country (six).
- The Wildcats have tied for the 43rd-most Quadrant 3 wins in the nation (seven).
Arizona 2022-23 Best Wins
- 82-72 at home over Utah (No. 8/AP Poll) on February 17
- 71-66 on the road over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on February 3
- 61-42 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on February 19
- 79-71 at home over Oregon (No. 34) on January 8
- 75-54 over Baylor (No. 35) on December 18
West Virginia Schedule Analysis
- The Mountaineers' signature win this season came in a 73-60 victory against the No. 17 Iowa State Cyclones on February 11.
- The Mountaineers have four Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 31st-most in the country. But they also have nine Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 36th-most.
- West Virginia has four wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 43rd-most in the country.
- When facing Quadrant 3 teams (according to the RPI), the Wildcats are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 43rd-most wins.
West Virginia 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-60 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on February 11
- 74-65 at home over Baylor (No. 35) on January 15
- 63-52 on the road over Baylor (No. 35) on March 4
- 49-45 over Georgia (No. 39) on December 20
- 62-60 at home over Kansas (No. 40) on February 15
Arizona Performance Insights
- The Wildcats have a +287 scoring differential, topping opponents by 9.6 points per game. They're putting up 74.4 points per game to rank 39th in college basketball and are giving up 64.8 per outing to rank 190th in college basketball.
- On offense, Arizona is scoring 70.2 points per game this season in conference action. As a comparison, its season average (74.4 points per game) is 4.2 PPG higher.
- The Wildcats are putting up 76.7 points per game this season in home games, which is 4.5 more points than they're averaging in road games (72.2).
- Arizona is allowing 62.3 points per game this season when playing at home, which is six fewer points than it is allowing on the road (68.3).
- The Wildcats have seen a downturn in scoring recently, racking up 68.2 points per game in their last 10 outings, 6.2 points fewer than the 74.4 they've scored this year.
West Virginia Performance Insights
- The Mountaineers' +153 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 5.1 points per game) is a result of putting up 66.1 points per game (152nd in college basketball) while allowing 61 per outing (86th in college basketball).
- In Big 12 action, West Virginia has averaged 0.4 fewer points (65.7) than overall (66.1) in 2022-23.
- In 2022-23 the Mountaineers are averaging 9.8 more points per game at home (71.4) than away (61.6).
- In 2022-23 West Virginia is conceding 13.4 fewer points per game at home (57.1) than on the road (70.5).
- While the Mountaineers are putting up 66.1 points per game in 2022-23, they have fallen short of that over their past 10 games, amassing 64.6 points per contest.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.