How to Watch UConn vs. Iona on TV or Live Stream - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 17, 2023 at 4:16 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 2:20 PM CDT
The No. 4 UConn Huskies (25-8) and the No. 13 Iona Gaels (27-7) battle on Friday to fight for a place in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The opening round matchup begins at 4:30 PM.
Use our link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and tons of other live sports without cable!
UConn vs. Iona Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM ET
- Where: MVP Arena in Albany, New York
- TV: TBS
- Live Stream select March Madness games on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
Watch college hoops all season without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to fuboTV!
UConn Stats Insights
- The Huskies make 46% of their shots from the field this season, which is 5.1 percentage points higher than the Gaels have allowed to their opponents (40.9%).
- UConn is 20-4 when it shoots higher than 40.9% from the field.
- The Huskies are the 13th ranked rebounding team in the nation, the Gaels rank 81st.
- The Huskies record 13.5 more points per game (78.5) than the Gaels give up (65).
- When UConn totals more than 65 points, it is 23-5.
Iona Stats Insights
- The Gaels are shooting 46.1% from the field, 5.1% higher than the 41% the Huskies' opponents have shot this season.
- Iona is 21-3 when it shoots better than 41% from the field.
- The Gaels are the 81st-ranked rebounding team in the nation, the Huskies sit at third.
- The Gaels score an average of 76.4 points per game, 11.4 more points than the 65 the Huskies give up.
- Iona has a 24-2 record when giving up fewer than 78.5 points.
UConn Home & Away Comparison
- UConn is posting 83.3 points per game at home. In away games, it is averaging 70.1 points per contest.
- At home, the Huskies are surrendering 1.9 fewer points per game (63.9) than away from home (65.8).
- When playing at home, UConn is draining one more treys per game (9.1) than when playing on the road (8.1). It also has a better three-point percentage at home (36.8%) compared to away from home (32.9%).
Iona Home & Away Comparison
- Iona scores 80.1 points per game at home, and 73.8 away.
- The Gaels allow 61.6 points per game at home, and 68.6 away.
- Iona knocks down more 3-pointers at home (7.5 per game) than away (6.3). It also has a higher 3-point percentage at home (38.6%) than on the road (33%).
|3/4/2023||@ Villanova||W 71-59||Wells Fargo Center|
|3/9/2023||Providence||W 73-66||Madison Square Garden|
|3/10/2023||Marquette||L 70-68||Madison Square Garden|
|3/8/2023||Mount St. Mary's||W 74-54||Boardwalk Hall|
|3/10/2023||Niagara||W 71-59||Boardwalk Hall|
|3/11/2023||Marist||W 76-55||Boardwalk Hall|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.