White Sox vs. Tigers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 26
Friday's game between the Detroit Tigers (23-25) and the Chicago White Sox (21-31) at Comerica Park is expected to be a tight matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 6-4, with the Tigers securing the victory. First pitch is at 6:40 PM ET on May 26.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the White Sox will send Lance Lynn (3-5) to the mound, while Joey Wentz (1-4) will take the ball for the Tigers.
White Sox vs. Tigers Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
White Sox vs. Tigers Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Tigers 6, White Sox 5.
Total Prediction for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
White Sox Performance Insights
- The White Sox have played as the favorite in six of their past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Chicago and its opponents have combined to hit the over two times.
- The White Sox covered the spread in its most recent opportunity.
- The White Sox have won 11, or 57.9%, of the 19 games they've played as favorites this season.
- Chicago has played as favorites of -155 or more twice this season and won both games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 60.8% chance to win.
- Chicago has scored the 18th-most runs in the majors this season with 215 (4.1 per game).
- The White Sox have the 26th-ranked team ERA across all MLB pitching staffs (4.86).
Tigers Performance Insights
- The Tigers have played as the underdog in six of their past 10 games and have gone 4-2 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, Detroit and its foes are 6-4-0 in its previous 10 contests.
- The last 10 Tigers matchups have not had a spread set by bookmakers.
- The Tigers have won in 19, or 45.2%, of the 42 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Detroit has come away with a win 11 times in 24 chances when named as an underdog of at least +130 or longer on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 43.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- The offense for Detroit is No. 29 in MLB action scoring 3.7 runs per game (179 total runs).
- Tigers pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.36 ERA this year, which ranks 19th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
White Sox Schedule
|May 21||Royals||W 5-2||Lance Lynn vs Carlos Hernandez|
|May 22||@ Guardians||L 3-0||Jimmy Lambert vs Hunter Gaddis|
|May 23||@ Guardians||W 4-2||Dylan Cease vs Logan Allen|
|May 24||@ Guardians||W 6-0||Michael Kopech vs Cal Quantrill|
|May 25||@ Tigers||L 7-2||Lucas Giolito vs Alex Faedo|
|May 26||@ Tigers||-||Lance Lynn vs Joey Wentz|
|May 27||@ Tigers||-||Jimmy Lambert vs Michael Lorenzen|
|May 28||@ Tigers||-||Dylan Cease vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|May 29||Angels||-||Michael Kopech vs Jaime Barria|
|May 30||Angels||-||Lucas Giolito vs Griffin Canning|
|May 31||Angels||-||Lance Lynn vs Tyler Anderson|
|May 21||@ Nationals||L 6-4||Joey Wentz vs Josiah Gray|
|May 22||@ Royals||W 8-5||Michael Lorenzen vs Brady Singer|
|May 23||@ Royals||L 4-1||Eduardo Rodríguez vs Mike Mayers|
|May 24||@ Royals||W 6-4||Matthew Boyd vs Zack Greinke|
|May 25||White Sox||W 7-2||Alex Faedo vs Lucas Giolito|
|May 26||White Sox||-||Joey Wentz vs Lance Lynn|
|May 27||White Sox||-||Michael Lorenzen vs Jimmy Lambert|
|May 28||White Sox||-||Eduardo Rodríguez vs Dylan Cease|
|May 29||Rangers||-||Matthew Boyd vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|May 30||Rangers||-||Alex Faedo vs Martín Pérez|
|May 31||Rangers||-||Joey Wentz vs Jon Gray|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.