Phillies vs. Cardinals Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 15
Friday's game features the Philadelphia Phillies (79-67) and the St. Louis Cardinals (65-81) matching up at Busch Stadium in what is expected to be a competitive matchup, with a projected 5-4 victory for the Phillies according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 8:15 PM ET on September 15.
The probable starters are Aaron Nola (12-9) for the Phillies and Zack Thompson (5-5) for the Cardinals.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 8:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Cardinals Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Phillies 5, Cardinals 4.
Total Prediction for Phillies vs. Cardinals
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users when they use promo code "GNPLAY"! Sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook using our link and enter the bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers. to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
Phillies Performance Insights
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Phillies have a record of 2-2.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Philadelphia and its opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Oddsmakers have not set a spread for any of the Phillies' last 10 games.
- The Phillies have won 56, or 58.3%, of the 96 games they've played as favorites this season.
- Philadelphia has a record of 56-40 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 53.5% chance to win.
- Philadelphia is among the highest-scoring teams in the majors, ranking ninth with 714 total runs this season.
- The Phillies have a 4.06 team ERA that ranks 13th across all league pitching staffs.
Cardinals Performance Insights
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Cardinals have posted a mark of 5-3.
- In its previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, St. Louis and its foes are 6-4-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The Cardinals' ATS record is 1-1-0 over their previous 10 games (two of those contests had spread set by sportsbooks).
- The Cardinals have won in 29, or 44.6%, of the 65 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- St. Louis has a win-loss record of 25-29 when favored by -105 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 51.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- The offense for St. Louis is the No. 17 offense in the majors, scoring 4.6 runs per game (666 total runs).
- The Cardinals have pitched to a 4.71 ERA this season, which ranks 23rd in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 10||Marlins||L 5-4||Ranger Suárez vs Steven Okert|
|September 11||Braves||L 10-8||Taijuan Walker vs Charlie Morton|
|September 11||Braves||W 7-5||Michael Lorenzen vs Kyle Wright|
|September 12||Braves||L 7-6||Zack Wheeler vs Max Fried|
|September 13||Braves||L 4-1||Cristopher Sanchez vs Spencer Strider|
|September 15||@ Cardinals||-||Aaron Nola vs Zack Thompson|
|September 16||@ Cardinals||-||Ranger Suárez vs Miles Mikolas|
|September 17||@ Cardinals||-||Taijuan Walker vs Dakota Hudson|
|September 18||@ Braves||-||Zack Wheeler vs Kyle Wright|
|September 19||@ Braves||-||Cristopher Sanchez vs Max Fried|
|September 20||@ Braves||-||Aaron Nola vs Spencer Strider|
|September 9||@ Reds||W 4-3||Zack Thompson vs Carson Spiers|
|September 10||@ Reds||L 7-1||Miles Mikolas vs Hunter Greene|
|September 11||@ Orioles||L 11-5||Dakota Hudson vs Dean Kremer|
|September 12||@ Orioles||W 5-2||Adam Wainwright vs John Means|
|September 13||@ Orioles||W 1-0||Drew Rom vs Kyle Gibson|
|September 15||Phillies||-||Zack Thompson vs Aaron Nola|
|September 16||Phillies||-||Miles Mikolas vs Ranger Suárez|
|September 17||Phillies||-||Dakota Hudson vs Taijuan Walker|
|September 18||Brewers||-||Adam Wainwright vs Freddy Peralta|
|September 19||Brewers||-||Drew Rom vs Adrian Houser|
|September 20||Brewers||-||Zack Thompson vs Wade Miley|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.