Man Hospitalized After Mankato Apartment Fire
MANKATO, MN - A nighttime fire at an apartment complex caused quite a scare for some residents.
It happened just after 10:30 p.m. Sunday at the apartments on 100 Homestead Road. Food left unattended on the stove had ignited and began burning the wall.
The tenants managed to put out the fire with an extinguisher. Firefighters arrived and finished putting out the fire. One person was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
"There was a person who lived in a nearby building and that person stopped by to help out and went and knocked on some doors to help evacuate people that needed to get out and then as the incident was wrapping up, then he was checked out.", said Commander Don Lehne of Mankato Public Safety.
The fire caused over $18,000 of damage. All five residents who lived in the unit managed to get out safely.