Penne with Pesto
April 24th, 11:22 PM CDT
December 23rd, 7:07 AM CST
- 8 cups basil leaves (packed loosely)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons grated fresh Romano
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 pound uncooked penne
Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. Place in a large bowl. Stir in cheeses and butter until blended.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and mix with pesto.